ADOBE for ArcGIS : ERROR 400

Jump to solution
08-16-2017 08:28 AM
BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III

So I can't get the plugin to work. It will assemble the pieces but won't download to the artboard.

Here's what I get...

Aug 16, 2017 10:20 AM - Edited - YouTube 

Anyone else getting these errors and have any idea?

0 Kudos
16 Replies
StevenMoore1
Esri Contributor

Under the organizations settings, specifically the 'Security' tab. You would need admin credentials to see this.

0 Kudos
StevenMoore1
Esri Contributor

Hi Brian,

It looks like you used an internal server name when you created this layer in ArcGIS Online (maps2.cotgis). Our print service cannot access an internal service on your network, so it fails. Can you recreate the layer using the fully qualified domain name for the service?

BrianO_keefe

Layer is repointed to the regular domain name! I'm still having issues.

0 Kudos
BrianO_keefe

I have admin credentials.

UNCHECKED : Allow access to organization through HTTPS only.

UNCHECKED : Allow anonymous access to your organization's websites.

CHECKED : Allow only standard SQL queries

CHECKED : Allow members to edit biographical information and who can see their profile.

0 Kudos
StevenMoore1
Esri Contributor

Hi Brian,

The item for the layer (http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=433f02a522ad4c57ac812aa2abbe1ad2 ) is updated with the correct URL, but the webmap (http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=8c26803af6474f4782c2712b475b1fbf ) is still pointing to the internal server name. Can you re-add the layer to your webmap, save and try again?

BrianO_keefe

So it would appear that if your organization has multiple domains for internal viewing then we need to check those URL's before sharing with M4CC.

0 Kudos
StevenMoore1
Esri Contributor

Hi Brian,

This isn't anything specific to Maps for Creative Cloud. Any external service or resource that needs to access your services needs to be able to resolve the machine name. If you had tried printing your webmap from the ArcGIS Online map viewer (before you corrected the service URL) you would have seen the same problem. Also, if you had tried to open your old webmap from a machine off your organization's network, you wouldn't have been able to even view your map service.

Basically, if you have a fully qualified domain name for a service you should use it. It ensures that everybody on and off your network can access your data.

0 Kudos