Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to Sign in ArcGIS Pro Adobe Illustrator Plugin

Jump to solution
06-11-2021 12:36 AM
KatharinaGoeritz
New Contributor II

Hello, 

I am currently unable to sign in to the ArcGIS Pro PlugIn in Illustrator.
I am able to insert my login data and click on Sign In, but then nothing happens. Just a grey blank window opens.

It worked a few days ago, but now not even the windows with the interactive maps are not opening.

I have already removed the PlugIn and reinstalled it. I have also updated Illustrator and so on.

Maybe you can help me with my problem.

Best regards, 
Katharina

14 Replies
MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Hi @ShirinePont 

Do you see the mapboard panel and compilation panel? Is the map loaded in the mapboard panel? Any chance you might have previously signed up for complimentary access code?

ShirinePont
New Contributor II

Firstly @MadhuraPhaterpekar - thank you for responding so quickly! 
Yes, I can see both the mapboard panel and the compilation panel; see attached screenshot. 
I've tried multiple ways of getting to the map data I need:

• Over the extension .. which I can't get to work, as we are discussing
  • Logging in on the ESRI website, I don’t seem to have a PRO account even though I am paying; to create PDFs there that I could then pull into Illustrator. When I use the Web AppBuilder and the print widget, it just gives an error, see attached screenshot. 
  • Creating the map on the website in ArcGIS, saving as a webfile, and then allowing public access - when I enter the URL in the ArcGis Extension in Illustrator, the map can’t be found (something that worked in the past)

• Maybe it's also the data that I am trying to load that isn't helping - ACLED conflict data, available in the living atlas, limited to the country Burkina Faso. When I try to add it as content, it always says the map "loaded with an error". I can see the data but when I download the map into Illustrator, only the basemap appears. 

So I've tried multiple ways to tackle this and none of them showed much success. 

Yes, I signed up for complimentary access a while back. I also set up a trial learning account under another email (shirine.pont@gmail.com) yesterday to see if I could get there with that one. No joy there either. 

Huge thanks for your help, really appreciated!

0 Kudos
MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Hi @ShirinePont 

Thanks for sharing these details, I apologize for the delay. If you have an ArcGIS Pro account a quick way to get assistance on these issues would be to reach out to technical support. Also to clarify did you mean a Plus account by chance. In the meanwhile here are some things to consider. 

To ensure extension is using the correct account, click the account menu and sign in to the appropriate account type.

MadhuraPhaterpekar_0-1644370726219.png

Regarding the ACLED data - it is a 'time aware' layer. Currently the extension does not support directly accessing temporal data, which explains the errors. The development team is looking to improve this in future. In the meanwhile, there could be other ways to export it to a pdf or svg to further use for your graphic design work. 

I didn't try webapp builder method but there is a new 'print' capability in ArcGIS Online via the 'new' Map viewer. I think it might be useful to explore this. When you sign into arcgis.com you can use the Map tab and then open the new map viewer using this button if it doesn't open by default. In the tools panel (left) you should be able to Print the map to a graphic format. There are few options to choose from PDF, SVG, AIX. Note: PDFs and SVGs might not have the same organization as AIX. Also note to open an AIX file, it requires the extension & an ArcGIS account with Viewer, Editor, Creator or GIS Professional license. You can check license info under my settings when you sign into ArcGIS.com. I did a quick test with a PDF and this layer, the map downloads with the ACLED layer via this print tool. Here are the steps again.

1. Sign into ArcGIS.com and choose Map

MadhuraPhaterpekar_1-1644371447328.png

2. Choose new Map Viewer if not open by default

MadhuraPhaterpekar_2-1644371467101.png

3. Add ACLED layer from Browse layers

MadhuraPhaterpekar_3-1644371520017.png

4. Print either map or layout.

MadhuraPhaterpekar_4-1644372251605.png

I hope this helps. Please let me know if it doesnt. Thank you for your patience. 

ShirinePont
New Contributor II

Thank you so much MadhuraPhaterpekar for this very detailed answer - for really reading through my problem and figuring out ways to help. Luckily for me, my client extended deadlines. 

Great to hear about the time-aware layer. Thanks.

I will be trying out your suggestions later today and am keeping my fingers crossed for either an AIX or a PDF file. Thanks again for now. 

Shirine

0 Kudos
ShirinePont
New Contributor II
Dear @ MadhuraPhaterpekar,

Thank you SO VERY much – the new print capability you described in ArcGIS Online did the trick!
I was able to download a version of the map, and import it into Illustrator.
Now I can clean that up – and I know what I am creating is accurate, and up to date.

Thank you very much. This made a huge difference.
Warmly,
Shirine