Unable to Sign in ArcGIS Pro Adobe Illustrator Plugin

Jump to solution
06-11-2021 12:36 AM
KatharinaGoeritz
New Contributor II

Hello, 

I am currently unable to sign in to the ArcGIS Pro PlugIn in Illustrator.
I am able to insert my login data and click on Sign In, but then nothing happens. Just a grey blank window opens.

It worked a few days ago, but now not even the windows with the interactive maps are not opening.

I have already removed the PlugIn and reinstalled it. I have also updated Illustrator and so on.

Maybe you can help me with my problem.

Best regards, 
Katharina

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Hi @KatharinaGoeritz 

Thanks for the info. The plugin does not support Illustrator v25.3 at this time. See blog for more info and steps to revert to the previous version. We apologize for the inconvenience.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Hi @KatharinaGoeritz 

Are you able to use your credentials in other ArcGIS apps - Online or Pro? Try signing into www.arcgis.com - is this successful? Could you please share your extension version number and Illustrator version number too?

0 Kudos
KatharinaGoeritz
New Contributor II

Hello, 
thank you for your answer.

I have tried to sign into ArcGIS Online and Pro, both is working. So, I don't think the problem lies in my credentials.
My Adobe Illustrator Version is: 25.3 (64 bit) 
The Extension was created on 22nd of December 2020 and is the Version 221 (I think?).

I downloaded and installed everything in May 2021.

0 Kudos
MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Hi @KatharinaGoeritz 

Thanks for the info. The plugin does not support Illustrator v25.3 at this time. See blog for more info and steps to revert to the previous version. We apologize for the inconvenience.

KatharinaGoeritz
New Contributor II

Alright, it worked out! Thank you very much for your help!

0 Kudos
RichardHeathCoffey
New Contributor II

Please sort this out soon. This 'inconvenience' costs time and energy and disrupts workflow - therefore costs your current subscribers an users money. If you are to continue to force users of ArcGIS Pro to need the AIX translation to Adobe Illustrator, then you need to be 100% up to date and compatible. Otherwise, return to the export to AI option available in ArcMap and stop forcing people to adopt a workflow that does not work.

ShirinePont
New Contributor II

Hi, thanks for posting a solution.
Regrettably running Illustrator with Rosetta as suggested in the blog doesn't fix it for me.
I can't log int through the extension, same issue/screen as zayed_aldhaheri below. (Using Illustrator 26.1 on a MacBook Pro [13-inch, M1, 2020]).
Need to pull data into Illustrator, I'm on a deadline and it's not working and it's incredibly frustrating spending time trying to figure this out. Sort of wondering why I have an Esri subscription right now *sigh*.
I'd be very grateful for any further advise!

0 Kudos
zayed_aldhaheri
New Contributor

i have the same problem so far ( can't sign in arcgis online plugin - adobe illustrator , could you help me with it please 

error.PNG

0 Kudos
MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Hi @zayed_aldhaheri,  @ShirinePont , 

Sorry that you are running into this. Could you please confirm if you have an ArcGIS Online or a Plus account that you are using with ArcGIS Maps for Adobe CC. Thanks in advance. Look forward to hearing back.
Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 9.17.16 AM.png

0 Kudos
ShirinePont
New Contributor II

Hi - that was fast, thank you!
I have a plus account, but I don't get the window you attached above to log in. I downloaded it yesterday (again) to make sure I have the latest version.

0 Kudos