Does the ArcGis Maps Compilation sync run slower the more the "Contents" list grows, even after syncing

10-25-2020 06:25 PM
MikelSavage
New Contributor III

I think I have noticed that if I don't delete already synced content (I have been adding many layers from files) the time to sync increases. I have been adding KML files to my artboard and at first the sync took the average amount of time. I have not been deleting items after they have been synced so as the list of synced layer increases I think I have noticed an increase in time to sync. At first, a file synced in 1:30.00 but now a file takes 15 minutes. There has been a steady increase in time IMHO.

Does this habit cause a slowing down of the sync process? Should I delete a sync layer after it is synced. I have not been doing this because sometimes I need to tweak the KML outside of ArcGis Maps and then resync it. I then just pict the content from the list. This alleviates the steps needed to add it back into the content sync list because I don't have to look for the file on my computer. Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Hi Mikel, 

Thanks for your questions. Could you provide some more info to help look into this better?

- What version of Adobe Illustrator and ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Extension are you using?
- Could you please elaborate some more on the part below of your workflow? I want to understand better the steps you use to pick from the list - I assume you are adding a layer from file in compilation window each time you need to resync your tweaks/ updates? In that case I would expect that you would need to look for it on your computer. 

I need to tweak the KML outside of ArcGis Maps and then resync it. I then just pict the content from the list. This alleviates the steps needed to add it back into the content sync list because I don't have to look for the file on my computer.

But maybe I am missing something so it will help if you could kindly elaborate on this.

Thanks in advance for your help. 

0 Kudos