Can't sign in from Photoshop 24 on Windows

Jump to solution
01-30-2023 05:09 PM
JohnMcKendry
New Contributor

I want to use ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud, Windows version 3.3.1 in Photoshop 2023 release 24.1.1. I have a Personal Use license for ArcGIS Online. I can sign in to ESRI using my Google credentials, but when I try to sign in by starting the Maps extension in Photoshop and using Google credentials it tells me “Couldn’t sign you in / This browser or app may not be secure./ Try using a different browser. If you’re already using a supported browser, you can try again to sign in.” My browser is Chrome version 109.0.5414.120, if that really matters, but I have had the same problem earlier, so I doubt it. I temporarily turned off AVG Web Security because it has caused problems with other websites in the past, but no difference.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XingdongZhang
Esri Contributor

@JohnMcKendry 

Thank you for trying out ArcGIS Maps for Adobe. We are sorry for the inconvenience you have encountered. Maps for Adobe currently doesn't support signing in using a Google account. We are working on that and will support Google credential in the future.  If you created an ArcGIS username and password when you purchased the "Personal Use license for ArcGIS Online", try use that credential to sign into the application. 

Best,

Xingdong

Update: 3/22/2023

@JohnMcKendry Logging into ArcGIS Maps for Adobe using Google login credentials is now supported in our latest release v3.4.0. Please download the plug-in from the product page.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
XingdongZhang
Esri Contributor

@JohnMcKendry 

Thank you for trying out ArcGIS Maps for Adobe. We are sorry for the inconvenience you have encountered. Maps for Adobe currently doesn't support signing in using a Google account. We are working on that and will support Google credential in the future.  If you created an ArcGIS username and password when you purchased the "Personal Use license for ArcGIS Online", try use that credential to sign into the application. 

Best,

Xingdong

Update: 3/22/2023

@JohnMcKendry Logging into ArcGIS Maps for Adobe using Google login credentials is now supported in our latest release v3.4.0. Please download the plug-in from the product page.

JohnMcKendry
New Contributor

Thank you, that explains why I can't get it to work. I will try to figure out how to add username/password authentication to the account.

0 Kudos