Why does Pro crop my exported map

08-18-2020 06:54 PM
BillMorris1
New Contributor

I'm trying to export a map as a TIF with a world file. When I do so with the layout un-activated, I get the whole image without geolocation data. If I export it while the map frame is activated, I get the geolocation, but only a small square area of the map is shown. The exported image is always a clip of the center of the map that Im working with. 

Also, while looking for help on the ArcGIS Pro website, a couple of articles reference an Export Pane.  I have yet to find a "pane" for that, only the export window that lets me name the file and choose where it goes.

I'm using version 2.3.1

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your question. The ArcGIS Pro web-help that is available at ArcGIS Pro help—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation reflects the latest version of ArcGIS Pro which is currently 2.6 which became available to customers on 7/28/2020. As you can see from the web-help, there have been some enhancements made to Export.

The ArcGIS Pro Development Team added new panes for exporting and printing maps and layouts and is talked about in the What's new in ArcGIS Pro 2.5—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

As you can see from the Export to TIFF—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation, the 'Write world file' property is not available for Layouts or 3D Views. Using ArcGIS Pro 2.6, I created a new project and selected Map under Blank Templates. I added some point, line, polygon feature classes to the map. In ArcGIS Pro 2.6, I clicked the Project tab and within the Export group, clicked Map and the Export pane appears. On the Export pane, under File, I specified 'TIFF' for the File Type and under TIFF Settings I checked on 'Write world file'. I clicked Export and then brought the exported TIFF into my map. The exported TIFF appeared as I expected. I am not encountering 'the exported image is always a clip of the center of the map that I am  working with' issue. Perhaps the issue that you are encountering has been addressed. Can you upgrade to ArcGIS Pro 2.6?

If you choose to continue to use ArcGIS Pro 2.3.1, each release of ArcGIS Pro comes with a help installer that you can install. The installed help reflects the current version of ArcGIS Pro installed on your machine.

Regards,

Dan

0 Kudos