Why can't I enable Production Mapping? solved

Jump to solution
11-10-2017 10:59 AM
DartonGreist
New Contributor

I'm trying to authorize Production Mapping for ArcGIS Desktop 10.5 with a 30day Evaluation code in order to try out the straight line diagram tool. I've also successfully installed and authorized workflow manager.

I downloaded and installed:

ArcGIS_Workflow_Manager_for_Desktop_105_154037

Mapping_and_Charting_Solutions_Desktop_105_154066

In ArcGIS administrator, I can see that I have production mapping installed on the available extensions page and the extensions window in ArcMap but cannot see it on the authorization wizard. Additionally, I can open all of the Production Mapping toolbars so I know it is installed properly.

So I have a few questions,

1) Is it possible to simply enable Production Mapping just through ArcGIS administrator in order to use the SLD tool or do I need to do something first with Workflow Manager?

2) This says I need to run the Workflow Manager postinstallation in order to use the Production Mapping custom steps. Do I need to do this to use the straight line diagram tool?

3) I've actually tried to run the postinstallation but can't get the Workflow Manager Administrator to connect to the database. When I do, it tells me the database does not contain the required schema even though I used the "Create Workflow Database" tool to make it. Additionally, if I try to run the "Upgrade Workflow Database" tool it says I don't have privileges to create tables despite my having full system admin privileges. Have I missed a step here?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

When you were given your trial key was it called production mapping?

You can type in the extra feature in to the bottom like below

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

Hi there

I work for a distributor not Esri Inc.

You don't appear to have a Production Mapping license. - If you do need this you will need to contact Esri Customer Service or your distributor to get one.

In the authorization.jpg screen once you get that code you can enter in Production Mapping in the left collumn and the right collum the ESU# that you get.

Good luck

0 Kudos
DartonGreist
New Contributor

Does a 30day Evaluation code not function the same as a license? Production Mapping doesn't even show up on the authorization screen so that I can type a license key in.

0 Kudos
JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

When you were given your trial key was it called production mapping?

You can type in the extra feature in to the bottom like below

DartonGreist
New Contributor

Well that did it. I didn't even realize I could type anything there.

Wow, I can't believe it was that simple haha.

Thanks!

0 Kudos