Speed of working with callout text in 10.2.2

02-17-2015 07:36 AM
KentBuchanan
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have a map with several (~16) callout text elements in the layout.  I realize that leaders & background, etc., add processing time, but things have slowed down considerably since upgrading to 10.2.2.  (moving, selecting, opening the properties window, everything!)  No difference if this text is in the data frame or layout.  I've resorted to trading desks with a colleague who's still on 10.1 to make edits.

Is this a known/common issue?  Is there anything I can try without reducing the amount of formatting or kicking a coworker off their computer?

Thanks!

Tags (4)
2 Replies
KentBuchanan
New Contributor II

I did a little more investigating with a brand new blank MXD.  I added a single text box, and then under the Advanced Text tab tried different Text Background options.  No issues with Balloon Callout or Marker Text Background.  Same slow issues with Line Callout that I was experiencing above.  BUT... even worse issues with Simple Line Callout.  With this option set, I couldn't even right click on the text and have the context menu come up so I could open properties - I had to shut down ArcMap to move on.  What is going on here?

0 Kudos
SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

Hmmm, I haven't had this problem.