Route Chart

04-01-2014 03:02 AM
TornikeSamkharadze
New Contributor II
Hi! I"m interesting how I create Route annotation or Labels? How I labeling  general ATS Route label?
Help me! Please
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JoshuaChisholm
Occasional Contributor III
Hello tornike,

1. First, if you have access to Maplex I would use it. It has a lot more options.

1. To turn it on, Customize > Toolbars > Labeling

2. Labeling dropdown > make sure "Use Maplex Label Engine" is checked

2. Open the layer Properties for your ATS Route Layer (double click or right-click then click properties)

3. Go to the Labels tab

4. Make sure the "Label features in this layer" is checked and make sure you are labeling the correct field under "Label Field"

5. Customize the other option (especially under the "Placement Properties" button).

If you want annotations (which I would try to avoid), you can right click your ATS Route Layer and select "Convert Labels to Annotations...".

Let me know if this is what you need. Good luck!
0 Kudos
TornikeSamkharadze
New Contributor II
No, I need annotation like this [ATTACH=CONFIG]32719[/ATTACH]   
Can you help me?

I have ArcGIS For Aviation.
0 Kudos
JoshuaChisholm
Occasional Contributor III
Unfortunately, I don't think I can. I am not familiar with ArcGIS for Aviation. Some of those labels could be recreated with basic labeling (and others with custom annotations), but it might be a special function in ArcGIS for Aviation that I am not aware of.
0 Kudos
AeronauticalSolutionTeam
New Contributor II
Hua17,

In the ArcGIS for Aviation solution we have custom fonts that allow you to label Routes that look like you example. Here are some examples of Aviation charts from organizations that use our solution: http://www.esri.com/software/arcgis/extensions/aviation/charting/chart-gallery

Thanks,
Aviation team
0 Kudos