Minimum hardware and operation system requirement for ArcGIS 10.1 Desktop

03-08-2013 05:14 PM
AlecWu
by
New Contributor
Thanks at first.

Would any one give me the advice as reference?

I will purchase  ArcGIS 10.1 Desktop Advanced version and Maritime charting solution, and I need the hardware and software spec. required for that it works well.
eg.

1. How many cpus for my database system should I have?
2. How large should the minimum RAM be in the server?
3. I will install MS Windows Server and SQL Server.  They must be English version? Or I could install Chinese version?
    Do operation system and database software system work well in Chinese environment(Server and client)?
    Does Chinese environment affect any database operating?
4. In the past thread I posted, does the problem I met caused from Chinese environment?
5. If I install SQL server 2012, what version should I have? Standard or Enterprise?

The higher in my office will make the decision if giving me the budget to buy ArcGIS 10.1, according to my report.
Before 15th, Mar.
Would any expert leave me the answer to my question? I really appreciate.
Thanks anyway!!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
NathanHeick
Occasional Contributor II
Check out the website below:

http://wiki.gis.com/wiki/index.php/System_Design_Strategies

Also, the book Building a GIS by Dave Peters would be helpful.  This will give you a starting point for your own analysis using the System Design Tool.  I think an expert would need more detailed requirements.  How many users are you supporting?  What are there workflows?  Are you only editing or will you be using ArcGIS Server?  The loads are very important.
0 Kudos
AlecWu
by
New Contributor
Thanks a lot!

😮

I also concern the language, chinese environment.
Can ArcGIS work without any error in chinese environment?
0 Kudos
MartinHvidberg
Occasional Contributor
Regarding chinese language environment. Contact the office (in china) that makes the Nautical charts for the large chinese rivers. They use Esri in a chinese context, and they are very good at it.

🙂 Martin
0 Kudos
MartinHvidberg
Occasional Contributor
Regarding chinese language environment. Contact the office (in china) that makes the Nautical charts for the large chinese rivers. They use Esri in a chinese context, and they are very good at it.

🙂 Martin
0 Kudos