Leading Space Problem

Jump to solution
07-11-2013 04:24 AM
Mete_ErcanPakdil1
New Contributor III
Hello Team,

I tried to remove spacing between lines of text in the middle text element, however I could not manage to do that.

Could you please check attached file that contains VST script and the result of this script?

Thank you,
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hey Mete,

Sorry for the delay. I was able to see the same behavior with the text string that you provided. However if i change the VerticalAlignment for the top text element from Center to Bottom VAlign="Bottom" it will show properly.

Updated Text:

<MultipleTextElement><TextBackground Units="Points"><Background Roundness="5"><Symbol><Outline Width="1"><CLR Red="0" Green="0" Blue="153"></CLR></Outline></Symbol></Background><Callout Tolerance="10.0" Snap="True" Truncated="0"><Symbol><Outline Width="0.5"><CLR Red="0" Green="0" Blue="0"></CLR></Outline><Fill><CLR Red="0" Green="0" Blue="153"></CLR></Fill><Arrowhead Size="0"><CLR Red="0" Green="0" Blue="0"></CLR></Arrowhead></Symbol></Callout><Margins Top="2.0" Bottom="2.0" Left="2.0" Right="2.0"></Margins><ElementPlacement><Top Style="Edge" SplitOffset="0" HAlign="Left" VAlign="Bottom" TextHOffset="0.0" TextVOffset="0"></Top><Middle HAlign="Left" VAlign="Bottom" TextHOffset="0" TextVOffset="0"></Middle><Left Style="Top" SplitOffset="0" HAlign="Left" VAlign="Top" TextHOffset="0.5" TextVOffset="0"></Left><Right Style="Top" SplitOffset="0" HAlign="Right" VAlign="Top" TextHOffset="0.5" TextVOffset="0"></Right><Bottom Style="Center" SplitOffset="0" HAlign="Center" VAlign="Center" TextHOffset="0" TextVOffset="0"></Bottom><VMC TextHOffset="0" TextVOffset="0"></VMC><Floating TextHoffset="0" TextVOffset="0"></Floating></ElementPlacement></TextBackground><TopTextElement><LIN leading="-15.0"><CLR Red="0" Green="102" Blue="0"><FNT name="Calibri" size="18"><ITA><BOL>D8 SBH</BOL></ITA></FNT></CLR>
<CLR Red="0" Green="0" Blue="153"><FNT name="Calibri" size="18"> N40 50.5 E029 9.7</FNT></CLR></LIN></TopTextElement><MiddleTextElement><LIN leading="-5.0"><CLR Red="0" Green="0" Blue="153"><FNT name="Calibri" size="18">At or above
1300'</FNT></CLR></LIN></MiddleTextElement></MultipleTextElement>

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hey Mete,

I'm assuming you are talking about the line spacing between the two coordinates. Can you provide a few example of text from the annotation on which this is not showing up correctly.

Thanks,

Amit
0 Kudos
Mete_ErcanPakdil1
New Contributor III
Hi Amit,

Yes, line spacing between coordinate pairs / header and coordinates,

I attached a chart that has many examples.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Mete,

Can you try modifying the textstring for the annotation and increase the leading value and see if that works. I have tested this with a similar text in our database and the output looks correct. Here is the text string that i was using. Can you try with the same string. [ATTACH=CONFIG]25938[/ATTACH]

<MultipleTextElement><TextBackground Units="Points"><Background Roundness="5"><Symbol><Outline Width=".504"><CLR Red="135" Green="100" Blue="50"></CLR></Outline></Symbol></Background><Callout Tolerance="0" Snap="False" Truncated="70"><Symbol><Outline Width="0.504"><CLR Red="135" Green="100" Blue="50"></CLR></Outline><Fill><CLR Red="135" Green="100" Blue="50"></CLR></Fill><Arrowhead Size="0"><CLR Red="135" Green="100" Blue="50"></CLR></Arrowhead></Symbol></Callout><Shadow HorizontalOffset="0" VerticalOffset="0"><Symbol><Outline Width="0.504"><CLR Red="135" Green="100" Blue="50"></CLR></Outline><Fill><CLR Red="135" Green="100" Blue="50"></CLR></Fill></Symbol></Shadow><Margins Top="3.645" Bottom="3.645" Left="9.114" Right="9.114"></Margins><ElementPlacement><Top Style="Outside" SplitOffset="0" HAlign="Center" VAlign="Center" TextHOffset="0" TextVOffset="0"></Top><Middle HAlign="Center" VAlign="Bottom" TextHOffset="0" TextVOffset="0"></Middle><Left Style="Top" SplitOffset="0" HAlign="Left" VAlign="Top" TextHOffset="0.5" TextVOffset="0"></Left><Right Style="Top" SplitOffset="0" HAlign="Right" VAlign="Top" TextHOffset="0.5" TextVOffset="0"></Right><Bottom Style="Center" SplitOffset="0" HAlign="Center" VAlign="Center" TextHOffset="0" TextVOffset="0"></Bottom><VMC TextHOffset="0" TextVOffset="0"></VMC><Floating TextHoffset="0" TextVOffset="0"></Floating></ElementPlacement></TextBackground><MiddleTextElement><LIN leading="-5.0"><CLR Red="0" Green="0" Blue="153"><FNT name="Calibri" size="9">N40 40.7
E028 49.1</FNT></CLR></LIN></MiddleTextElement></MultipleTextElement>
0 Kudos
Mete_ErcanPakdil1
New Contributor III
Hi Amit,

I replaced the annotation class' TextString field with your example but it doesn't look like as yours. I also tried to change <LIN>'s leading value increase/decrease many times.

Could please send me the script to create your annotation?

Thank you,
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hey Mete,

I just manually modified the text for an existing annotation feature i did not use an expression to generate the particular text. Can you check in your advanced callout properties, that you have Use Custom checkbox unchecked. You also mentioned that you changed the TextString field i just want to make sure that you used attributes window and changed the text in the annotation tab because when we paste it in the attributes tab it sometimes looses the formatting and line breaks.

It would help me if you could post a db with your annotation class so that i can check what is going on.

Thanks,

Amit
0 Kudos
Mete_ErcanPakdil1
New Contributor III
Hi Amit,

This method definitely solved the problem in the MiddleTextElement. Thank you! [ATTACH=CONFIG]26051[/ATTACH]

However, I still facing same problem in TopTextElement see this figure; [ATTACH=CONFIG]26052[/ATTACH]

Here is my code that has leading problem in the TopTextElement;

<MultipleTextElement><TextBackground Units="Points"><Background Roundness="5"><Symbol><Outline Width="1"><CLR Red="0" Green="0" Blue="153"></CLR></Outline></Symbol></Background><Callout Tolerance="10.0" Snap="True" Truncated="0"><Symbol><Outline Width="0.5"><CLR Red="0" Green="0" Blue="0"></CLR></Outline><Fill><CLR Red="0" Green="0" Blue="153"></CLR></Fill><Arrowhead Size="0"><CLR Red="0" Green="0" Blue="0"></CLR></Arrowhead></Symbol></Callout><Margins Top="2.0" Bottom="2.0" Left="2.0" Right="2.0"></Margins><ElementPlacement><Top Style="Edge" SplitOffset="0" HAlign="Left" VAlign="Center" TextHOffset="0.0" TextVOffset="0"></Top><Middle HAlign="Left" VAlign="Bottom" TextHOffset="0" TextVOffset="0"></Middle><Left Style="Top" SplitOffset="0" HAlign="Left" VAlign="Top" TextHOffset="0.5" TextVOffset="0"></Left><Right Style="Top" SplitOffset="0" HAlign="Right" VAlign="Top" TextHOffset="0.5" TextVOffset="0"></Right><Bottom Style="Center" SplitOffset="0" HAlign="Center" VAlign="Center" TextHOffset="0" TextVOffset="0"></Bottom><VMC TextHOffset="0" TextVOffset="0"></VMC><Floating TextHoffset="0" TextVOffset="0"></Floating></ElementPlacement></TextBackground><TopTextElement><LIN leading="-5.0"><CLR Red="0" Green="102" Blue="0"><FNT name="Calibri" size="18"><ITA><BOL>D8 SBH</BOL></ITA></FNT></CLR>
<CLR Red="0" Green="0" Blue="153"><FNT name="Calibri" size="18"> N40 50.5 E029 9.7</FNT></CLR></LIN></TopTextElement><MiddleTextElement><LIN leading="-5.0"><CLR Red="0" Green="0" Blue="153"><FNT name="Calibri" size="18">At or above
0 Kudos
Mete_ErcanPakdil1
New Contributor III
Hey Amit,

Did you find out anything about the issue for leading space in TopTextElement?

Thank you,
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hey Mete,

Sorry for the delay. I was able to see the same behavior with the text string that you provided. However if i change the VerticalAlignment for the top text element from Center to Bottom VAlign="Bottom" it will show properly.

Updated Text:

<MultipleTextElement><TextBackground Units="Points"><Background Roundness="5"><Symbol><Outline Width="1"><CLR Red="0" Green="0" Blue="153"></CLR></Outline></Symbol></Background><Callout Tolerance="10.0" Snap="True" Truncated="0"><Symbol><Outline Width="0.5"><CLR Red="0" Green="0" Blue="0"></CLR></Outline><Fill><CLR Red="0" Green="0" Blue="153"></CLR></Fill><Arrowhead Size="0"><CLR Red="0" Green="0" Blue="0"></CLR></Arrowhead></Symbol></Callout><Margins Top="2.0" Bottom="2.0" Left="2.0" Right="2.0"></Margins><ElementPlacement><Top Style="Edge" SplitOffset="0" HAlign="Left" VAlign="Bottom" TextHOffset="0.0" TextVOffset="0"></Top><Middle HAlign="Left" VAlign="Bottom" TextHOffset="0" TextVOffset="0"></Middle><Left Style="Top" SplitOffset="0" HAlign="Left" VAlign="Top" TextHOffset="0.5" TextVOffset="0"></Left><Right Style="Top" SplitOffset="0" HAlign="Right" VAlign="Top" TextHOffset="0.5" TextVOffset="0"></Right><Bottom Style="Center" SplitOffset="0" HAlign="Center" VAlign="Center" TextHOffset="0" TextVOffset="0"></Bottom><VMC TextHOffset="0" TextVOffset="0"></VMC><Floating TextHoffset="0" TextVOffset="0"></Floating></ElementPlacement></TextBackground><TopTextElement><LIN leading="-15.0"><CLR Red="0" Green="102" Blue="0"><FNT name="Calibri" size="18"><ITA><BOL>D8 SBH</BOL></ITA></FNT></CLR>
0 Kudos
Mete_ErcanPakdil1
New Contributor III
Hi Amit,

Thank you for your prompt answer,

It solved my problem.
0 Kudos