Issue with community map tool

Jump to solution
11-17-2015 08:23 AM
Labels (1)
JamisonPeevyhouse
New Contributor III

So I am trying to upload information to the community map program. I am working on the Administration3 Map trying to upload our municipalities' limits. Even though I do everything like on the video the tool fails. I have also run the tool on just a county boundary file just to see if it was an access issue but it worked on the boundary. There is nothing different in the method or the naming nor location of these files but it will not run correctly on the city boundaries, but will on the county. Anyone have an ideas of what might be going wrong? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamisonPeevyhouse
New Contributor III

Well it is resolved. I just turned off the field not recognized and it ran perfectly. Thank you for your help but I managed to realize the problem staring me in the face.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TamaraGrant
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Jamison,

The only obvious issue I can think of is that the tool only accepts polygons, so if your municipalities' limits are lines, then the tool will not work. If you send your source data and screen capture of the Admin3Polygons tool to tyoder@esri.com, I can troubleshoot it for you.

Thank you,

Tamara Yoder

Tamara Yoder | Training and Support Coordinator | Living Atlas of the World & Community Maps Program

Esri | 380 New York Street | Redlands, CA 92373 | USA

Work 909-793-2853, ext. 5028 | Cell 814-442-0579 | tyoder@esri.com | esri.com

0 Kudos
JamisonPeevyhouse
New Contributor III

So do I need to just remove the editor field from the data?

0 Kudos
JamisonPeevyhouse
New Contributor III

Well it is resolved. I just turned off the field not recognized and it ran perfectly. Thank you for your help but I managed to realize the problem staring me in the face.

0 Kudos
TamaraGrant
Occasional Contributor II

Jamison,

Good to hear! Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,
Tamara Yoder

0 Kudos