How to create airway label for Enroute chart

02-01-2019 12:37 AM
Labels (3)
Bentorio
New Contributor III

Hi!

I have some problem about create a complex label for airway in Enroute chart.

I want to create label like this one.

Each data come from different field in same shapefile.

How can I create label like this?

I use ArcGIS 10.3.1.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DavidWickliffe
Esri Contributor

Hi Alongkorn,

Do you have ArcGIS for Aviation: Charting?  If so, is your data in a geodatabase within the AIS data model? 

You mention 'shapefile'.   

0 Kudos
Bentorio
New Contributor III

Hi David,

Thank you for your answer and yes, I do have a ArcGIS for Aviation: Charting license (version 10.3.1). Sorry about my detail. I have an airway data in a feature class in geodatabase but I didn't keep it in the AIS data model. So do I have other way to create label like this one?

0 Kudos
DavidWickliffe
Esri Contributor

From your other question from today,  I see that you are getting the AIS data model applied to a geodatabase.  This is the best way to proceed before getting into label/anno creation.   There is a production procedures guide in the help which you should see, assumes the AIS data model to implement and build upon.

please see:  AIS chart production—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop    

You will see that the AIS data model has aeronautical feature classes and has cartographic feature classes (their names have '_C' appended).  The aeronautical feature classes can be populated using the ImportAixm51 function if you have AIXM 51 data -or loaded by ETL or manually.   CartoCommander is used to populate the cartographic feature classes.  VST is used to populate the label fields in the cartographic feature classes.  Create Feature Linked annotation tool is used to populate annotation classes (which need to be user created) from the cartographic features.  

There is a lot of configuration in order to get all these pieces to work.  But once implemented, chart production is highly automated.

0 Kudos