Errore message: "unable to perform Collection query"

04-22-2013 04:31 AM
EnricoBONINO
New Contributor II
Hi everybody,

I've download some .bag files from the NOAA web site (http://maps.ngdc.noaa.gov/viewers/bathymetry/), created successfully a BIS file geodatabase, and added three test .bag files (coded as multibeam in the Data Type > Extended Metadata window), the process of importing seems to run without problem but at the end (the error tab give (0)Errors), clicking on the Close button I receive the "Unable to perform Collection query" message.

This affect the processing of visualization, filtering, exporting of the data (that aren't visible anymore).

The same error is present with different datasets download from the same NOAA site.

Suggestion on how to solve this issue?

I'm Working with ArcGIS 10.1, on Windows 7

Except of the ArcGIS 10.1 Help (http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/#/What_is_ArcGIS_for_Maritime_Bathymetry/0203000000020...) there is a tutorial with downloadable data to train on the use of this new extension?

Thanks a lot for any input,

Enrico Bonino
ESRI BeLux
Belgium
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndyOmmen
Esri Contributor
Hi Enrico,

My name is Andy and I work with the ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry team. Can you provide a little more information regarding your 10.1 setup, like do you have the latest Service Pack and QFE installed (10.1 SP1 QFE3)? Also, which BAG datasets did you download from the NOAA site? This will help us provide an answer to the issue you are seeing.

Thank you

Andy
0 Kudos
EnricoBONINO
New Contributor II
Andy,

Problem solved.
I've installed on my PC ArcGIS 10.1 sp1, but not the MappingandCharting101SP1 and MappingandCharting101SP1Patch3, both not present in the software data server. Now the files can be opened correctly.
Thank you very much for the prompt reply.

Enrico Bonino
ESRI BeLux
Wemmel
Belgium
0 Kudos
AndyOmmen
Esri Contributor
Enrico,

I'm glad to hear that installing ArcGIS Desktop 10.1 Sp1 solved your issue. It would be a good idea to install the latest version of the Mapping and Charting package just so you are using the latest features and functionality.

Thank you

Andy
0 Kudos