Cut polygon tool works far too slow

Jump to solution
02-13-2017 10:05 AM
StanisławPolański
New Contributor II

@Hi. Im working on a small file database that contains only one polygon feature class (0,5GB/1,5m polygons). I need to cut some of the polygons and here comes the problem. The "Cut polygons" tool from the Rfiy toolbar works horribly slow. When I click point by point cutting line that contains of 20 vertices it takes about 30-120 seconds till ArcMap 10.3 renders the line (everything is in 2D ofc). Actually everything's working slowly, but that's the biggest problem. What is interesting, on some parts of the polygon the tools works immediately. Things I've already tried:

- compacting database,

- moving feature class into another db,

- repairing geometry - it deletes one or two polygons.

does not help. Would be great if you could help me solving the problem.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StanisławPolański
New Contributor II

I've changed to classic snapping and it works well, at least drawing cutting line is immediate!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AbdullahAnter
Occasional Contributor III

Try to create new file geodatabase and create feature class, but   make its configuration keyword to MAX_FILE_SIZE_256TB as in the following picture:

then load your data (use load data in arc catalog)  to this new feature class.

StanisławPolański
New Contributor II

Hi Abdullah. Thank you for showing interest on my question. Sadly, your solution does not change a thing at all. 😞

0 Kudos
AbdullahAnter
Occasional Contributor III

Maybe the issue related to your PC .

StanisławPolański
New Contributor II

No, been thinking about that, I've tried it on two different computers. Also as I have written, it works quite fine on some parts of the feature class, but in other places in the same class I have a big slowdown. I bet if it would be a computer issue it would work so slow on every part of the class.

0 Kudos
StanisławPolański
New Contributor II

I've changed to classic snapping and it works well, at least drawing cutting line is immediate!

0 Kudos