COGO

Jump to solution
05-26-2015 12:34 PM
EverardoBalboa
New Contributor

I am trying to use COGO, but the drawings are to small for the parcel layers.  Meaning not to scale.

ArcMAP has a coordinate system

Parcel Layer has same Geographic and Projection coordinate system as ArcMap

New layer to draw has the same Geographic and Projection coordinate system as the Parcel Layer

Is there something that I am missing as to why the drawings do not come to scale.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffWard
Occasional Contributor III

Do you mean you are trying to bring a CAD drawing into your map?  Or do you mean when you enter the lines, they are too short?

On the Editor toolbar, go to Editor - Options and select the Units tab.  Is the Ground to Grid Correction checked, and if so is there something besides 1 in the distance factor?

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JeffWard

Do you mean you are trying to bring a CAD drawing into your map?  Or do you mean when you enter the lines, they are too short?

On the Editor toolbar, go to Editor - Options and select the Units tab.  Is the Ground to Grid Correction checked, and if so is there something besides 1 in the distance factor?

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos
EverardoBalboa
New Contributor

No cad files.  I have metes and bounds and want to draw them in ArcGIS.  I did setup the units tab as

direction type: Quadrant Bearing

Direction Units: Degrees Minutes and Seconds

Display Angles Using: 4 Decimal Places

Check the ground to grid correction

Distance factor is 0.304801

0 Kudos
JeffWard

Are you going from feet to meters?

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos
EverardoBalboa
New Contributor

No.  All in feet

0 Kudos
JeffWard

Then change that distance factor to 1.  .304801 is if you are scaling feet to meters.  ArcMap is taking the distances you are giving it and reduces it to 30.4801% of what you entered.

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos
EverardoBalboa
New Contributor

Thank you for all of your assistance.  It worked. 

0 Kudos
JeffWard

Glad to help.

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos