AIXM 5.1 WFS 2.0

03-04-2014 02:17 AM
TornikeSamkharadze
New Contributor II
Hi!
I am a representative of Georgian ANSP. At present moment we are working on implementation of local Air Navigation Database working in AIXM 5.1 format. We have an extension of Arc GIS called GIS for Aviation, which supports interoperability with database working in AIXM 5.1 environment using WFS 1.1. Unfortunately WFS 1.1 does not support AIXM 5.1 data transfer. For mentioned format of data it is mandatory to use WFS 2.0 interface. As we know you are working on this issue but the date of release is not known yet. Can you clarify, is there any other solution to connect your software(ArcGIS AIS geodatabase) to AIXM 5.1 database with WFS 2.0?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AeronauticalSolutionTeam
New Contributor II
Currently the Import AIXM 5.1 to AIS Data Interoperability tool is configured to look at a XML file as the source and not the WFS. Since the tool is currently built on the Data Interoperability extension, the WFS is restricted to the release of the underlying technology (namely FME from Safe Software). In the latest release FME 2014, I believe WFS 2.0 is now a supported format and it does have the ability to read and construct features if it is in the AIXM 5.1 schema. Unfortunately though this will only allow you to read in the data in a different ETL tool and a new ETL will have to built in order for you to map those constructed features to the AIS datamodel. I =t might be possible to re-use the existing workbench to read from the WFS rather than an xml. Will all your data be coming from a WFS or will you still need the ability to read from an XML file?

Thanks,
Aviation Team
0 Kudos