aeronautical

01-31-2018 02:11 AM
tinigjeo
New Contributor

Hi

Could I do OLS with arcgis 10.4.1  and make another work for example in runway,Obstacle ect

if you have any example its more better  

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

OLS.... as in Ordinary Least Squares

If so, and you have the data, and the conditions for its use are met, then yes

http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/tool-reference/spatial-statistics/how-ols-regression-works.htm

Otherwise, clarify if this isn't the normal useage of the OLS term

0 Kudos
tinigjeo
New Contributor

HI

MY question is for obstacle limitation surface and if i can do with arcgis 10.4.1  and  what are the tools because I havent 

arcgis aviation or charting for  more i need the one example video this is perfect for  help

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Never heard of it and even a 'google' didn't provide any links

0 Kudos
ShaneBarrett
Esri Contributor

We would recommend using the OIS tools found within ArcGIS for Aviation to generate the surface automatically based on the runway geometry as an input. Otherwise, there are no other automated tools available within the ArcGIS platform for their creation. You could build the geometries manually, but we would suggest performing all of the calculations for each surface first before generating. Lastly, if you have existing geometries in another format (such as CAD), you could bring them into ArcGIS to assist with the manual creation process.

0 Kudos
tinigjeo
New Contributor

Yes I know this in gis aviation But I have simple arcgis 10.5.1 and what I can do now if it possible do with one toolsOr another ....

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

0 Kudos
ShaneBarrett
Esri Contributor

The workflow to manually create OIS surfaces is possible in ArcGIS for Desktop 10.5.1 using standard Editing tools, but like our previous comments, we would suggest performing all of the calculations before creating the surfaces. There is no automated way in ArcGIS for Desktop to generate the surfaces. All of the vertices will need to be manually calculated and created.   

0 Kudos