Aeronauical Tools question!

10-16-2012 11:46 PM
feiliu
by
New Contributor
Could someone tell me "Obstruction Identification Surfaces" "Icao annex 14" , what's the meaning of" subset of features from input runway feature",I have no idea what should I fill in! thx
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AeronauticalSolutionTeam
New Contributor II
The 'Input Runway Features' dialog on the ICAO Annex 14 OIS tool requires a z-enabled line feature class, for example a runway centerline.  If you are using the AIS schema provided with the Aeronautical Solution, runway centerlines are modeled in the ADHPSurfaceLine feature class.  If you are using the Airports schema provided with the Aeronautical Solution, runway centerlines are modeled in the RunwayCenterline feature class.

The web help for this tool can be found at the following url:
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#//010m0000000m000000

I hope this answers your question!
0 Kudos
feiliu
by
New Contributor
thank you for reply!!!I didn't express my question clearly, I meant I do not know the meaning of "A Structured Query Language (SQL) WHERE clause expression that selects a subset of features from input_feature_class." in the input_feature_sql! Could you please tell me, what should I put in???Thank you so much!
0 Kudos
feiliu
by
New Contributor
By the way, I am using the Arcgis 10, not 10.1!
0 Kudos
AeronauticalSolutionTeam
New Contributor II
The purpose of entering a SQL whereclause is to provide the tool with the identity of the feature upon which the OIS surfaces are created upon.  The construction of this statement would be the same as entering a definition query on a layer inside of ArcMap.  Here is an example:

OBJECTID = '1234'

If you'd like to discuss specifics of your work, please send an email to aero@esri.com with your contact information and we'll be glad to help!
0 Kudos
feiliu
by
New Contributor
That is very helpful! Thank you so much, I really appreciate!
0 Kudos