Select to view content in your preferred language

How can I convert my Story Map to a video?

Jump to solution
01-10-2018 10:51 AM
DannyMiller
Emerging Contributor

The goal is to have a kiosk at the Army Engineer School that will provide story map content on a large hallway display.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

HI Danny

Using Story Map autoplay mode | ArcGIS Blog 

What you could do is use Storymap Autoplay

While it is in autoplay in your browser use a screen video capture software to capture the storymap

Then you could play the videos on repeat from the computer kiosk

ALternatively you may have Portal for ArcGIS Deployed  (This is ArcGIS Online behind the firewall) this could get you around the internet issue.

Good luck

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I shared this with https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/storymaps?sr=search&searchId=6cd8b2d4-b8c7-4094-8ca...‌ ... you are more likely to get responses from the people there

DannyMiller
Emerging Contributor

Thanks Dan. 

0 Kudos
MeganMcClain
Frequent Contributor

Do you have a story map already made?

0 Kudos
DannyMiller
Emerging Contributor

Yes, we have multiple story maps. Our goal is have the applications available for the Army Engineer students here at Fort Leonard Wood. Access to the internet requires an individual computer access card (CAC) and the network admin will not allow a "generic" CAC.  With restricted access to the internet, my thoughts were to convert the story maps to video and then display.  Any suggestions appreciated.

0 Kudos
JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

HI Danny

Using Story Map autoplay mode | ArcGIS Blog 

What you could do is use Storymap Autoplay

While it is in autoplay in your browser use a screen video capture software to capture the storymap

Then you could play the videos on repeat from the computer kiosk

ALternatively you may have Portal for ArcGIS Deployed  (This is ArcGIS Online behind the firewall) this could get you around the internet issue.

Good luck

OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

I'd echo John's recommendations. Use Camtasia or similar screen recording app to capture the story map in autoplay mode. Or if autoplay doesn't give you the experience you're after just manually browse through the story map while making a video.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

With Camtasia, you can do voice-over and/or captioning expanding your audience as well.