Hello! I ask for a consultation. I Arcgis 10.2 arcview license, I have to use the statistical functions related to the movement of animals (especially deer, which are equipped with radio collar with GPS). To do this, our faunists would like to use a stand

01-19-2017 09:02 AM
SergioFantini
New Contributor II

Hello! I ask for a consultation. I Arcgis 10.2 arcview license, I have to use the statistical functions related to the movement of animals (especially deer, which are equipped with radio collar with GPS). To do this, our faunists would like to use a stand-alone program, GME Geospatial Modeld Environment, which needs both to function R (a sw free statistics) that ArcGIS which should lean on. I went on the site and made the necessary details: http://www.spatialecology.com/gme/gmedownload.htm it seems that programs run well but are NOT able to work with ArcGIS, that is, I expected to see a type of tool (such as the Spatial Analyst Tools), rather it has nothing installed. Or am I not able to see it ??? PS I noticed that a .AVX files in toolboxes put me, which is called "Animalmovment2" but that does not can not run in any way! You know how to give a tip ??? thank you!

0 Kudos
11 Replies
SergioFantini
New Contributor II

Thanks to all for your valuable advice. I found another application with the statistics functions I need, called HRT: Home Range Tools for ArcGIS. I tried it and it works well.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I glad you found a tools that will work for you.

Remember to close out this thread by marking those responses that were helpful, and the one that solved you issues as "correct"....or if none, you can mark it as "assumed answered".