Select to view content in your preferred language

change scale text from "1 inch = 0.5 miles" to "2 inch = 1 mile"

Jump to solution
04-17-2016 05:21 PM
Labels (1)
RickCheney
Occasional Contributor III

In ArcMap, my scale text reads "1 inch = 0.5 miles".  How can I change the scale text to read "2 inch = 1 mile"? 

To get the scale text I changed the View to Layout, then from the drop-down menu, Insert >> Scale Text.  I checked the properties but there is no style option for 2 inch = 1 mile.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

After finalizing the scale of the final map layout, you might try to convert the scale text to graphics, then double-click it to change its text.

N.B.: Once converted to graphics, the corresponding scale-text would become static, and it won't change if the map scale is changed further.

Think Location

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

After finalizing the scale of the final map layout, you might try to convert the scale text to graphics, then double-click it to change its text.

N.B.: Once converted to graphics, the corresponding scale-text would become static, and it won't change if the map scale is changed further.

Think Location
DavidBarnes

There isn't a way to set the first number in the dynamic scale text. It's always 1. You can do as Jayanta suggests, or simply type in the scale as static text. Either way results in static text.

You could submit your idea to change the first number to the ideas site.

RickCheney

Thank you for your advice.  I thought maybe there was a property or something that I was missing.  I will convert to graphics.

0 Kudos