Vector Basemap Editor available in ArcGIS Enterprise (Portal)?

Jump to solution
09-06-2018 12:02 PM
AdrienHafner
Occasional Contributor

Is the Vector Basemap editor only available for users with AGOL accounts currently? Will this functionality be available for ArcGIS Enterprise (Portal) users in the future?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdrienHafner
Occasional Contributor

Hi Karisa,

Thanks for the information!  That's what I figured the case was since I know most new technology is introduced on the AGOL platform prior to Enterprise, but just wanted to be sure.

Thanks,

Adrien

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Adriene, great question!

I've reached out to Andrew Green‌ with @LivingAtlas and here is what he shared with me:

Is the Vector Basemap editor only available for users with AGOL accounts currently?
Anyone can use the Style Editor (no log in required to access the Esri Basemaps and try out the Styler).

To save the style, you will need an AGOL account (any kind – Free, Education, Organization, etc.). You need to log in to save a newly styled map into your AGOL account.

Will this functionality be available for ArcGIS Enterprise (Portal) users in the future?

This has been a frequent request and the Developer Team that created the Style Editor is aware of these requests. We thank you for your patience as we work to develop this further.

0 Kudos
AdrienHafner
Occasional Contributor

Hi Karisa,

Thanks for the information!  That's what I figured the case was since I know most new technology is introduced on the AGOL platform prior to Enterprise, but just wanted to be sure.

Thanks,

Adrien