Novice Seeking Help On World Imagery Wayback Issue

08-11-2021 02:46 AM
MogRuith
New Contributor

Hi everyone, I'm a retired teacher of Geography seeking to get into World Imagery Wayback but as a novice with that application I'd really appreciate help on an issue I'm having.

But no map loads the page remains blank, as it does if I type in a location. Am I overlooking something here, or there some glitch?

Thanks in hope 🙂

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

I hate to say it but 'It works for me'  I'd probably say do the old faithful and try different browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge and ensure those are up-to-date (anything but IE). 

BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

Agree with @DavidPike I've tried on several different browser and everything seems to be working just fine. When in doubt, clear browser cache.

MogRuith
New Contributor

Many thanks to those fellow community members who stopped by to offer help and advice. 

From what I've discovered it appears the Esri website architecture operates tracking cookies, since my browser has been configured to protect my privacy it consequently does not display correctly the World Map Way-back Imagery app.

That the app works fine in the notoriously insecure and data-sharing Microsoft Edge looks to support that as the cause.

Just how much data is being tracked and harvested will be a concern to anyone who values their online privacy.

Regards,

0 Kudos