I wish to know if Esri does updates on maps regularly to collect new data. Specifically in Curacao i hear you are here 14 years and alot of roads are not shown what solutions is there here?

Jump to solution
04-08-2020 09:42 PM
LindleyCamille
New Contributor

Location development solution in Curacao.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SethSarakaitis
Esri Contributor

Hello, and thank you for your comments and concern about the basemap quality for Curacao.  We are very interested in hearing this feedback and I have some comments and suggestions.

First, be sure that you are referencing the best basemaps within ArcGIS, which are the Vector Basemaps at this link.  These are updated frequently from licensed commercial sources and from local community-based sources for certain layers.  If you are looking at a different basemap the vintage of the source data might be out of date!

Secondly, we welcome feedback to our basemaps through a set of feedback services at this link.  Specific issues that are found by users are recorded and sent to data providers which help make the map more current and accurate.

If you have further questions, please reach out to my team at communitymaps@esri.com and we can look into the specifics.

Seth Sarakaitis

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SethSarakaitis
Esri Contributor

Hello, and thank you for your comments and concern about the basemap quality for Curacao.  We are very interested in hearing this feedback and I have some comments and suggestions.

First, be sure that you are referencing the best basemaps within ArcGIS, which are the Vector Basemaps at this link.  These are updated frequently from licensed commercial sources and from local community-based sources for certain layers.  If you are looking at a different basemap the vintage of the source data might be out of date!

Secondly, we welcome feedback to our basemaps through a set of feedback services at this link.  Specific issues that are found by users are recorded and sent to data providers which help make the map more current and accurate.

If you have further questions, please reach out to my team at communitymaps@esri.com and we can look into the specifics.

Seth Sarakaitis