Select to view content in your preferred language

App recommendation for viewing Sea Surface/Chlorophyll-a values in popup in Apps?

Jump to solution
01-09-2023 07:33 AM
kmsmikrud
Regular Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to provide an app with living atlas layers like Sea Surface Temperature and Chlorphyll-a as environmental layers beneath other observations in an app. In the web map I have time enabled and the slider works well in moving thru the layers and viewing values.

I've been trying various Instant Apps and liked the Slider for user friendly interface, but the raster values do not show in the pop-up like they do in the web map. The raster values showing is a requirement of the app.

I would appreciate suggestions on the best app to use to view time series data and the raster values. I've included a screenshot from the web map that shows sea surface temperature and then a screenshot from the Slider Instant App that loses this functionality. 

Also, can I use the layers above in a public web app by authenticating my organization credentials?

Thanks in advance,

Kathy

0 Kudos
12 Replies
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

That blog article is still current and live, I just opened it and gave it a quick review. 

The short answer is that Living Atlas public, subscription, and premium subscription content is perfectly fine and easy to use in any of the modern apps, such as Instant Apps, StoryMaps, Dashboards, and Experience Builder. All of those will transparently handle subscription content and will only prompt you to ok the use of premium subscription content when publishing a public app.

Web AppBuilder will check for and prompt you to ok the use of both subscription and premium content.

0 Kudos
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

That blog article is still current and live, I just opened it and gave it a quick review. 

The short answer is that Living Atlas public, subscription, and premium subscription content is perfectly fine and easy to use in any of the modern apps, such as Instant Apps, StoryMaps, Dashboards, and Experience Builder. All of those will transparently handle subscription content and will only prompt you to ok the use of premium subscription content when publishing a public app.

Web AppBuilder will check for and prompt you to ok the use of both subscription and premium content.

0 Kudos
Will
by
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for the info, but FYI on that blog article page, I tried accessing the URL on 3 different networks/ISPs with separate devices and only 1 of them could access it, the other 2 gave the "requested URL was rejected" error as shown in attached graphic.  I don't know much about web security stuff, but tried Googling around to figure out what that error means, sounds like could one or more of many issues, but since it happened on 2 different networks, maybe something wrong with the page?

Will_0-1702517258532.png

0 Kudos