Select to view content in your preferred language

Display relationships on a map

07-11-2023 01:10 AM
Thomas_Fuhrmann
New Contributor III

Hi all, is there any way to display relationships of a knowledge graph in a map? It works in a link chart with the geographic display option but it doesn't display the relationships when I add the knowledge graph to a map. I'm using version 3.1.2. Any ideas?

2 Replies
MeganBanaski1
Esri Contributor

Hello, thank you for the question! Relationships are not displayed in the map because the relationships are not spatial, therefore showing them in a map violates the rules of the map (to display spatial data). Is there a specific reason you are wanting to view the relationships in a map rather than using the geographic layout of the link chart?

0 Kudos
Thomas_Fuhrmann
New Contributor III

@MeganBanaski1 Ok, I see. I thought that it would be possible, because if the two entities linked by a relationship are spatial then the relationship itself would be spatial too. But I understand that the type of the relationship is not spatial, of course.

The reason why I ask is, that a colleague of mine saw the relationships of spatial entitites presented in a map in one of your videos so she thought it would be possible somehow.

0 Kudos