Cypher Query gets the "The Socket was closed due to a timeout" error message

04-19-2022 05:28 AM
Labels (1)
xingchenc
Occasional Contributor

Hi everyone,

When I was trying to use a cypher query on large dataset, it get really slow and then I got the "The Socket was closed due to a timeout" error message and nothing is returned. I was wondering if there is a fix? Maybe somewhere in the setting to increase the maximum timeout value?

xingchenc_1-1650371229635.png

@MeganBanaski1 Hi Megan, I was wondering if you have any insights?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MandarPurohit
Esri Contributor

Most likely, the streaming is not working in this deployment. Do you see a response header called "Transfer-Encoding:chunked" when you capture the request from Pro in Fiddler? 

0 Kudos
xingchenc
Occasional Contributor

Hi Mandar,

Please see the screenshot attached. I did not see the "Transfer-Encoding:chunked" message.

xingchenc_0-1654848715703.png

0 Kudos
MandarPurohit
Esri Contributor

Ok, looks like Pro is timing out when the query is sent to the server, and it's running on the database.  How does the fiddler query show when you capture it from the browser (from the same Pro machine) ? 

0 Kudos
xingchenc
Occasional Contributor

Hi Mandar,

Are you suggesting running the Cypher query directly from the REST API?

Please see the screenshots below for the test result.

xingchenc_0-1654917609426.pngxingchenc_1-1654917619325.png

As you can see, the REST API has returned the result without interruption (although very slow), and then in the fiddler screenshot you can see the request is completed.

0 Kudos
MandarPurohit
Esri Contributor

Does this server use a Java web adaptor or a .net web adaptor? I came across an issue with the Java web adaptor which is fixed at 11.0.

0 Kudos
xingchenc
Occasional Contributor

Hi Mandar,

The server is configured with a Java web adaptor.

0 Kudos