Capabilities for consideration?

07-15-2022 03:14 AM
Labels (1)
EvelynHsu
New Contributor III

Hi everyone,

I've been playing with ArcGIS Knowledge (using Pro 2.9.1 and Enterprise 10.9.1) and it never fails to amaze me with the new capabilities! As I explore further, I also have some questions and would like to know if the following can be achieved:

1. Linked selections from Chart to Map. I'm aware that the reverse works - select entities on the map and having them selected on the Chart too. Just wondering if the reverse could work cos I didn't manage to find a way to do that.

2. In the Investigation view, the first column of the table view is the Display Name of entities/relationships. Are there ways for us to specify which attribute can be used as the Display Name? This is because the Display Name is used in several other functions to identify entities e.g. the Merge pane, but it seems that the system automatically appoints an attribute to be the Display Name, sometimes I ended up having non-unique values when performing merge etc. Makes it quite painful to identify which entities I'm working with.

3. I've also tried using Append tool to load new entities/relationships to the graph and it works. But when I tried with arcpy.da.InsertCursor to add new relationships, it returns "RuntimeError: Failed to create cursor". Just wondering if this is an expected behaviour, and if anyone has any recommendation about loading entity/relationship data to the graph in bulk (not a particular fan of Append tool since i'm working with python scripts, and with Append I have lots of work to do with field mapping!).

Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
1 Reply
xingchenc
Occasional Contributor

Great questions! 

It would be a plus if we can choose which field to be displayed in the first column (with current setting we can only control which field to be displayed on the second or third column)

For the third question, the "load table" tool is much easier to use than the append tool, but not so useful when dealing with automation. I am curious to know if there is any python functions in the Arcpy module that we can use to automate the workflow? i.e creating and modifying the Knowledge Graph Service? 

0 Kudos