Select to view content in your preferred language

IE7 hanging on first use

11-16-2011 05:44 AM
AdrianMarsden
Honored Contributor
Hi

When a user first uses a page of mine, which uses API 2.5, it hangs when initially loading, before it gets as far as the CSS, so all the items are showing unstyled.  Event logs show

Hanging application iexplore.exe, version 7.0.6000.17103, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Killing iexplorer and starting again and it all works fine.

Deleting temp internet files causes this to happen a second time.  I'm guessing it is some conflict with the downloading of all the API code at once.

Any ideas?

ACM
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JeffPace
MVP Alum
Hi

When a user first uses a page of mine, which uses API 2.5, it hangs when initially loading, before it gets as far as the CSS, so all the items are showing unstyled.  Event logs show

Hanging application iexplore.exe, version 7.0.6000.17103, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Killing iexplorer and starting again and it all works fine.

Deleting temp internet files causes this to happen a second time.  I'm guessing it is some conflict with the downloading of all the API code at once.

Any ideas?

ACM

I havent seen this, but i do have problems with ie7 loading this badly out of order (like before dojo is loaded) .  DO you ahve a public link or html sample?
0 Kudos
AdrianMarsden
Honored Contributor
Watch this space - the app is internal, but I work on it at home as well - last nights home version works fine!  I'll send the current version home to publish on my personal site later today.

In the mean time I'll have a look at what dojo.requires I added today!

Cheers

ACM
0 Kudos
AdrianMarsden
Honored Contributor
Just a done a quick check and I can't see any major differences - so my next suspect is our ISA firewall - when our ISA chap returns next week I'll get him to trace my PC -often the cause of issues with calling remote stuff - there may be some sort of wacky "only download so many streams of data" setting.
0 Kudos
AdrianMarsden
Honored Contributor
Update - I tried the same code, but on my personal domain, and it works fine - which seems to point at some sort issue internal issue.  But, 😄 it has enabled me to get permission to "test" IE8 on my PC (8 is as far as we can go until we move off XP) - as not only do I have this issue, but I had another scripting issue that just failed on IE7.
0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum
Update - I tried the same code, but on my personal domain, and it works fine - which seems to point at some sort issue internal issue.  But, 😄 it has enabled me to get permission to "test" IE8 on my PC (8 is as far as we can go until we move off XP) - as not only do I have this issue, but I had another scripting issue that just failed on IE7.

I feel your pain, just happy we finally got off ie6!
0 Kudos