Select to view content in your preferred language

Creating mouse hover info boxes for points

02-23-2015 04:19 PM
CorinneJachelski
New Contributor

Hello,

I am new to coding in general and within ArcGIS. I am working on a project where I would like to have info boxes that appear when the mouse hovers over various points. I would like to output just the address and another field which are within the attribute table. Additionally, I would like to include a photo (this is for a history project showing images of what properties looked like in the 1900s from an old photo collection).

I have looked at the tutorials that ESRI offers (Show info window on mouse hover | ArcGIS API for JavaScript  and Load query results and show on hover | ArcGIS API for JavaScript ) and I'm having difficulty translating the code for my own data set and whether all of the code is needed.

Most importantly, I am confused about where in Arc I enter this code. I tried in the Python window, but wasn't sure how to apply it. Is there a module I can search for?

Any simplified help would be wonderful!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
StevenGraf1
Regular Contributor

The samples you posted are for identifying on javascript web mapping applications (websites).  Are you trying to do an identify on hover inside ArcMap?

Is this what you are trying to accomplish? ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)