Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.39 and WebApp Builder

Jump to solution
04-07-2022 09:12 AM
AnthonyAtkins2
Occasional Contributor

I'm pretty new to the Developer community and developing and have just stared learning to create widgets for WebApp Builder.  I attempted to utilize the uniqueValues function and received a 404 not found error.  After doing a bit of looking around I found that the API version for WAB is only 3.39 and the script can be found in version 4.23.

My question is, is the WAB application stuck with API version 3.39 and is there a 3.39 version of the uniqueValues Function?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The Web AppBuilder (2D) is built on the 3.x version of the JavaScript API and will never be updated to 4.x, so you won't be able to use any of the Smart Mapping tools.

Honestly, if you're just getting into creating widgets, you should really consider learning how to do that in Experience Builder instead. The only reason to stick with WAB is if specific widgets aren't yet available in ExB.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The Web AppBuilder (2D) is built on the 3.x version of the JavaScript API and will never be updated to 4.x, so you won't be able to use any of the Smart Mapping tools.

Honestly, if you're just getting into creating widgets, you should really consider learning how to do that in Experience Builder instead. The only reason to stick with WAB is if specific widgets aren't yet available in ExB.

AnthonyAtkins2
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for such a quick reply.  The bad thing is, I knew that! The reason I'm sticking with WAB, for now, is just as you stated, the widgets I need for our public facing application just aren't available yet in Experience Builder!

Thanks again!

0 Kudos