Error Uploading Recordings

Jump to solution
06-21-2022 07:47 AM
Labels (1)
AlistairM
Esri Contributor

Hello, I am getting an error when attempting to upload recordings from the IPS Setup app (iOS) to my ArcGIS Enterprise (10.9.1). I have tried both sharing a web map copying all data into a editable hosted feature layer and also containing an editable feature service referencing registered data in an enterprise geodatabase. In both cases, the feature service is editable and I can manually create records in the ips_* tables using ArcGIS Pro. I've used ArcGIS Pro 2.9.3 to share the web map. I've tried the upload connected to both 5G and corporate Wi-Fi and neither work. 

In the setup app, all of my recordings have the failed to upload icon next to them. When I attempt an upload, I get the following error in the ArcGIS Server logs:

WARNINGJun 21, 2022, 10:09:04 AMError performing upload operation, File size or type not supported for this serviceRest

Any idea what might be causing this issue? Thanks in advance!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ips_Dejan
Esri Contributor

Hi Alistair,

the error you are seeing suggests you need to extend the list of allowed Enterprise 10.9.1 data types and add the one IPS requires (.pb). We shared a document about how to execute this configuration update a while back:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-ips-documents/extending-arcgis-enterprise-with-necessary-data/t...

Please let me know if this helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ips_Dejan
Esri Contributor

Hi Alistair,

the error you are seeing suggests you need to extend the list of allowed Enterprise 10.9.1 data types and add the one IPS requires (.pb). We shared a document about how to execute this configuration update a while back:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-ips-documents/extending-arcgis-enterprise-with-necessary-data/t...

Please let me know if this helps.

AlistairM
Esri Contributor

Hi Dejan,

Thanks so much for the quick response, this definitely looks like my issue! I updated those two files as described in the document but unfortunately I'm still not seeing the pb extension in the list of allowed upload types for my hosted feature service. Any idea how I can force that property to update? 

0 Kudos
ips_Dejan
Esri Contributor

You will probably need to restart the server to make sure the changes are applied

0 Kudos
AlistairM
Esri Contributor

I realized I made the change on the wrong Enterprise instance! All working now thanks very much for your help

0 Kudos