Zone Lookup - Popup Titles with hyperlinks display html instead of hyperlink

Jump to solution
02-23-2023 12:37 PM
Mark_Prettyman
New Contributor III

I developed a "Districts Lookup Tool" for our state Elections agency to assist citizens with finding their election districts and elected officials assigned to the district in which they live.  The tool is based upon the Zone Lookup Instant app, and has been working great for nearly a year.  This morning I was notified that the popup titles for each of the layers in the results are no longer displaying the proper hyperlinks.  I set the popup titles as hyperlinks so that users can easily get to the websites associated with their elected officials.  I verified that the html is set up properly within the map, but the app shows the full html text instead of the hyperlink.  I recreated a totally new Instant App from the original web map and it is behaving the same way.

Map Viewer Popup:

Mark_Prettyman_0-1677184202973.png

Instant App Results:

Mark_Prettyman_1-1677184266089.png

I know ArcGIS Online recently had some updates, but besides a break in functionality from the update, does anyone have any suggestions on what could be causing this?  I've reviewed the new features in the Zone Lookup tool, and I could not identify any that would have an impact on the popup title.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

We have a fix for this that will go out Monday night. You should be able to add the links back in Tuesday morning .

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KellyHutchins

Is your web map with the hyperlinked titles public?  If so can you share?  Did you create the hyperlinks with arcade? 

0 Kudos
Mark_Prettyman
New Contributor III

As a production application, I had to fix the primary application...which meant just replacing the hyperlinks with static text for the popup titles.  

However, I do have a test version which I am making public, as it shows the same issue.  If you zoom into downtown Dover, DE and click a spot, our Delaware locator should be able to find a valid address.  The returned districts show the html text for each layer, as opposed to a hyperlink.

TRIAL HTML POPUP - 2022 Districts Lookup Tool

As for how the popup titles are set up in the underlying map, some are just regular hyperlinks, but some do use the field names to help format the html hyperlink.  The html is long, but here is how it looks for the Municipal Officials layer (2 pics to view the entire html):

Mark_Prettyman_0-1677257088653.png

Mark_Prettyman_1-1677257143897.png

Here's how the URLs are set for each layer:

• Layer 1 - static URL to our Delaware FirstMap REST Services for political boundaries
  • Layer 2 & 3 - references field with URL of elected officials
  • Layer 4 - references field with URL of the county
  • Layer 5 - references field with school URL for the school district

I do use custom Arcade Expressions to format the text of the popup, and they look perfect (but neither of them are a hyperlink).  For this TEST tool, I did add the exact same hyperlink htmlto the 2nd layer for Senate District, and that seems to work okay within the popup text.

Mark_Prettyman_2-1677258186777.png

Mark_Prettyman_4-1677258266364.png

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

We have a fix for this that will go out Monday night. You should be able to add the links back in Tuesday morning .

Mark_Prettyman
New Contributor III

Thank you so much for looking into this and implementing a fix so quickly! 

0 Kudos