Zone Lookup Instant App - how to turn layers on and off?

03-07-2022 11:55 AM
MagdalenaDiFranco1
New Contributor

I'm using the Zone Lookup template to display results for multiple district boundaries. I have the district boundaries turn off in the underlying map because there is so much going on and the map would be too busy. I'd like the ability to add the layer widget to my app so that users could turn district boundaries on and off if desired. Is there a way to customize the app code to add additional widgets that are not currently available in the template?

Thank you!

Tags (2)
6 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

@MagdalenaDiFranco1  we don't currently support the layer list widget in the Zone Lookup app but we can look at adding it in a future release.

0 Kudos
MagdalenaDiFranco1
New Contributor

Thank you Kelly! Hopefully one day then 🙂

0 Kudos
HaleyProehl
New Contributor

Yes, please add this functionality! Our organization had to move our Find Your Elected Representative app from WebApp Builder to Experience Builder (Zone Lookup) and we were disappointed to learn we no longer had the layer list functionality.

KellyHutchins

Thanks for the feedback Haley. We are working to standardize a basic set of capabilities across the apps and will take this feedback into account when looking at adding the layer list to multiple apps. 

0 Kudos
AlexBrasch
New Contributor III

@KellyHutchins is there an ETA for standardization? Multiple clients have asked us for this simple capability. We'll be unable to use Zone Lookup until this is implemented.

KellyHutchins

Yes we plan to add layer list to zone lookup in the next release of ArcGIS Online. 

0 Kudos