Select to view content in your preferred language

Zone Lookup Incorrect Polygon Search Results

04-25-2023 04:26 PM
Elizabeth_Burniston
New Contributor III

Users are selecting their address based on our parcel (polygon) layer. It seems that when a selection is made, the tool attempts to find a center point thinking the parcel is square or rectangular shaped (I could be totally wrong). If that center point falls inside a different parcel, other than the one selected, those are the results given... not the selection. If you attempt to manually select your desired polygon, it reselects the polygon in which that "center" resides. I tested this on multiple other parcels with similar shapes, and it's a global problem. In the image below, when I search the address for the irregular shaped (transparent) parcel, the gray point is placed inside the incorrect (red) parcel and those results are given. If I manually select the parcel to the north, the results are correct, but if I click back in the desired parcel, it still returns the results of the red parcel. 

In the configuration, I thought enabling the 'Show selected result only' option under Style Results would work, but I was wrong.

Any help to fix this would be appreciated!

BurnistonElizabeth_0-1682462022664.png

0 Kudos
10 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

@Elizabeth_Burniston  is your app public? If so can you send me the link so I can investigate? 

0 Kudos
Elizabeth_Burniston
New Contributor III

Thank you for your response! Yes, it is public. The selected address to the parcel above is 520 N 86th St. 

https://gisapp.wycokck.org/burnpermit.html

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Thanks I'll take a look. 

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

@Elizabeth_Burniston It's a bug in the app where (as you discovered) it's using the center of what it thinks is a rectangular extent. This only happens when the search is configured to use a polygon layer.  I'll work on a fix for the next release of ArcGIS Online due out before the User Conference. 

In the meantime if you are able to use the ArcGIS World Locator as the search source until the fix is in place that should resolve the issue.  Sorry and thanks for reporting the issue so we can put a fix in place. 

Elizabeth_Burniston
New Contributor III

@KellyHutchins Hello! I created a new app today using Zone lookup and encountered the same problem from April. In fact, I tried both Zone Lookup apps available in 'Configurable Apps' and experienced the same issue. Do you know when this fix might be applied? By the way, I did try using the ArcGIS World Locator as the search source and it did not resolve the problem. I appreciate your help!

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

The fix has been in ArcGIS Online since the update just before the User Conference. Are you working in Online or Enterprise? 

0 Kudos
Elizabeth_Burniston
New Contributor III

For this project, I am working in Enterprise.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

I think the fix should be in enterprise 11.1 but will not be in any versions earlier than that. 

0 Kudos
Elizabeth_Burniston
New Contributor III

Ok! We won't be going to that version for awhile, so I may move my project to Online. As always, thank you for your help!

0 Kudos