Sidebar Instant App Search Zoom Settings

03-29-2022 03:11 PM
KaraUtter
Occasional Contributor III

With the last update for the sidebar, a sliding bar for zoom was added for each geolocator configured in the search tab, however this bar is very hard to work with. It's hard to get precise levels and make all the zoom levels of all the locators the same.

Is there a way to set the zoom level instead of sliding the ball on the bar with my mouse?

KaraUtter_0-1648591850572.png

4 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the feedback on the zoom scale being difficult to configure. We are going to update the search config experience in the next release and we'll take this feedback into account.  In the meantime if you click on the slider you can use the arrow keys to move the scale value up and down to slightly refine the values. 

0 Kudos
KaraUtter

I didn't mean to mark this as resolved, since there isn't a resolution yet. How can I reverse that?

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

I used the Post Options > Not a solution to mark it as unresolved. I'd like to get more info about the problems you are having with setting the zoom scale. If you slide the slider to a spot then use the arrow keys to refine the choice does that work? Would you want to be able to manually enter the zoom scale? 

0 Kudos
KaraUtter

Manual entry would be ideal. That's been a really key and flexible configuration option in Web AppBuilder and the map widget in Experience Builder. Using the arrow keys is better than using the mouse to drag the circle along the line, but ultimately typing it in will be much faster, especially when configuring multiple search layers for a single application.