Select to view content in your preferred language

Nearby Instant App: "Hide layers when app loads" not working on Enterprise 11.1

Jump to solution
08-01-2023 02:17 PM
rmcooper_wcpss
New Contributor III

I have put together a Nearby Instant App on both ArcGIS Online and Portal (Enterprise 11.1). I am seeing different results from the two otherwise identical applications on AGOL vs Portal with respect to the "Hide layers when app loads" setting.

Expectation:

• When the app loads, the layer  used for the Nearby search results and their labels are hidden. The Legend widget is empty.
  • When a search occurs, markers and labels for location in the Nearby search area because visible. The Layer widget shows the legend for the search layer.
  • When the search is cleared, the markers and the labels disappear. The Layer widget is empty

This is the behavior I am seeing in my build of this Nearby application in AGOL.

nearby-hide-problem-agol-1.gif

Problem:

• When the app loads, the layer used for the Nearby search results is flashes briefly and disappears. The Legend widget shows the layer used for search results.
  • Without running a search, when the user zooms into the visible range of the labels, the labels become visible. The markers remain hidden.
  • When a search occurs, markers and labels for location in the Nearby search area because visible. Labels outside the search area are hidden The Layer widget shows the legend for the search layer.
  • When the search is cleared, the markers disappear, but labels for all markers are visible if the the map zoom is within the visibility range of the label. The Layer widget shows the layer used for search results

I am seeing this behavior on the Nearby Instant App in Enterprise 11.1.

nearby-hide-problem-enterprise-1.gif

Additional Details

• The dataset used for the search results is a hosted feature service on each app's respective. The hosted feature service for the AGOL version is on AGOL. The hosted feature service for the Enterprise version is on the Enterprise 11.1 Portal.
  • I have rebuilt the map for the enterprise map and swapped it out in the Instant App configuration. No changed in results.
  • There are no errors in the developer console in the browser when the Enterprise version loads.

Has anyone else seen this behavior before? Any thoughts on what might be causing it or how to resolve it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BethRomero
Esri Contributor

@rmcooper_wcpss These issues you are experiencing were resolved in the most recent update of ArcGIS Online and will be included in the next version of Enterprise. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
BethRomero
Esri Contributor

@rmcooper_wcpss These issues you are experiencing were resolved in the most recent update of ArcGIS Online and will be included in the next version of Enterprise.