Nearby App won't load once configured

11-22-2022 01:42 AM
DeanMoiler
Occasional Contributor

Hi everyone,

I've just configured a nearby app in a 10.9.1 enterprise environment, but am having issues loading the app once it's saved.

DeanMoiler_2-1669110102951.png

DeanMoiler_0-1669109689038.png

From what I can tell the jsapi version in portal in /jsapi/jsapi4/esri/core is 4.20 and the reactiveUtils.js being requested appears to have been available since 4.23.

reactiveUtils | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.25 | ArcGIS Developers

DeanMoiler_1-1669109846720.png

Could also be a corrupted install, or something else of course I'm doing wrong!

I've installed the latest patches, thinking that this might resolve the issue, but unfortunately not.

Has anyone else had the same issue?

Thanks,

Dean

15 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

I ran a quick test using Enterprise 10.9.1 and my Nearby test app displayed and ran without errors.  It's strange that you are seeing reactiveUtils errors because Nearby currently uses the older watchUtils and has not yet been migrated to use reactiveUtils. It might be worth submitting a support ticket for this one so they can help you troubleshoot any potential install issues? 

0 Kudos
DeanMoiler
Occasional Contributor

Hi @KellyHutchins,

Thanks for the quick response and for testing it out! 

I think I've figured out what the issue was, and it seemed to be in relation to the

By the looks this patch has had some issues with other components and a "Patch B" was released to replace this one. Unfortunately Patch B does not resolve the issues I'm having in the Nearby app.

I've uninstalled the patch on one of my environments and the Nearby app, which was not functioning with the patch, started functioning again once it was uninstalled. It also is working fine in my production environments that do not yet have this applied.

Hopefully this is something that'll should be easy enough to confirm in other environments and get re-patched if it's not just my environment.

Thanks,

Dean

DeanMoiler_1-1669228802692.png

0 Kudos
AlexQuintero1
New Contributor II

I am having the same issue after installing the security patch. Patch B  doesn't appear to be the fix either. All my Instant Apps won't load now.

0 Kudos
DeanMoiler
Occasional Contributor

Hi @AlexQuintero1,

Yes neither patches solved the issue unfortunately, so I needed to uninstall them both to get the nearby app working.

Beth_Romero
New Contributor

@AlexQuintero1  and @DeanMoiler  can you report this issue to Esri Support? They can help us work with the Enterprise team to troubleshoot this issue with the security patch.

AlexQuintero1
New Contributor II

ESRI Support said there is a logged bug for this. BUG-000153997 - After installing Portal for ArcGIS 2022 Update 2 Patch, Attachment Viewer Instant Applications cannot be opened.

DeanMoiler
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for this @AlexQuintero1, I do have an open case with Esri support and the issue has been reproduced. I've let them know about the bug you've mentioned in case this can stop it being logged twice.

Thanks,

Dean

DeanMoiler
Occasional Contributor

Hi everyone,

A quick update on this one, I've now uninstalled both of these security patches and the app now load successfully.

Yay! One step forward, but sadly two steps back.

Unfortunately I'm now getting a different issue in which when I click a location on the map the buffer / intersect operations do not occur. I am able to pan and zoom, but the primary widget functions do not happen.

I now subset of the original error at the top of the post occurring after its first and only successful use of the app:

DeanMoiler_0-1670502908014.png

I believe this was the reason that I installed the patches in the first place, as I thought they may resolve this issue, but instead made it worse!

I can see that the manifest document exists within the app itself, so there must be something else going on.

I'll raise a separate ticket with Esri to deal with this as this issue causes the nearby widget to not perform the buffer/intersect operations that it should be doing.

If we have any success I will post updates.

Thanks,

Dean

0 Kudos
DeanMoiler
Occasional Contributor

A quick update for this in case it helps anyone / saves them from applying the faulty patch and making matters worse!

With this issue I click the map, which should place a point, generate a buffer, and intersect (I have moved away from the features I would intersect so as to not show this data, but the same occurs next to features also):

NearbyAppNoPointClickNearbySearch.gif

When I click it says "Clear Search Location" at the top, though no search is performed.

After further testing the issue was found to be in relation to the fact that I had removed the Esri World Geocoder from the search options. Without the Esri World GeoCoder the Nearby App was not able to perform buffer / intersect function. It was able to place a point to perform text searches, but would not generate a coordinate/buffer from a map click. 

When the default Esri World Geolocator is added, click/buffer/intersect works again:

NearbyAppNoPointClickNearbySearch_Working.gif

Esri have indicated that they will update the documentation for the Nearby App to indicate that an Esri World Geocoder is required.

I had also attempted to use the W3W locator in place of the Esri World Geocoder, but this did not work.

Hope this helps,

Dean

0 Kudos