Keeping Web Map Live with new data

Jump to solution
05-10-2023 02:02 PM
Labels (2)
HayleyCleveland1
New Contributor II

I am brand new to instant apps. I am trying to deploy an app for use within our team of Non-GIS people. As the project progresses, the layers will have updated information. As I publish the web layers to the web maps that are then in the Portfolio Instant app, will the app data update as well? 

Additionally, is there a way to put an interactive legend within a Portfolio template app? 

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

Yes! Your Portfolio Instant App is using live maps that are built using live layers, so any updates to those maps, or layers you've used to build those maps, will be reflected in your Portfolio app.

One thing to keep in mind, the maps in your Portfolio are referenced using the item ID, so if you do something like Save As with one of your maps, that of course will not be automatically reflected in Portfolio. But any changes to the maps/layers you've got in the Portfolio will.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

Yes! Your Portfolio Instant App is using live maps that are built using live layers, so any updates to those maps, or layers you've used to build those maps, will be reflected in your Portfolio app.

One thing to keep in mind, the maps in your Portfolio are referenced using the item ID, so if you do something like Save As with one of your maps, that of course will not be automatically reflected in Portfolio. But any changes to the maps/layers you've got in the Portfolio will.

0 Kudos
HayleyCleveland1
New Contributor II

Thank you! 

0 Kudos