Information Lookup Popup Window display properties

Jump to solution
08-24-2015 02:08 PM
LindseyStone
Occasional Contributor III

I am using the Information Lookup Web Application thru portal and I have two layers displaying in the popup window.  One layer's data is all spread out displaying nicely and the other layer's data is all squeezed, and wrapping text at a different length than the other layer.  What setting do I have different between the two layers that causes one layer to look one way and the other layer to looked squeezed.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LindseyStone

After some research and help from ESRI, we have found the reasoning behind this.  The data field display width is going off the longest first word in that layer and then stopping it there.  So if you have a lot of short words than the width is going to be slim.  If you have a really long first word in one of the fields then it will be wider.  The support technician with ESRI placed a bug for this issue for me.  The workaround for this is to custom displays for the data instead of just field display.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LindseyStone

After some research and help from ESRI, we have found the reasoning behind this.  The data field display width is going off the longest first word in that layer and then stopping it there.  So if you have a lot of short words than the width is going to be slim.  If you have a really long first word in one of the fields then it will be wider.  The support technician with ESRI placed a bug for this issue for me.  The workaround for this is to custom displays for the data instead of just field display.