How to reduce zoom interval in AGOL app

11-18-2015 12:12 PM
EmmaGause
New Contributor II

Hello,

I created an app on AGOL using the story template. I used the National Geographic template.

The zoom interval is too large so that when I zoom in only once, most of my state is outside the extent, but if I zoom out once then the state is too small.

Hosting the app on my own server is not an option so I can't use any of the script fixes.

Any suggestions?

-Emma

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KyleBalke__GISP
Occasional Contributor III

Emma,

Unfortunately these are pre-configured zoom levels...no way to go in-between.

ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

Emma,

As Kyle mentioned, you can't do fractional zoom levels. This has been a thorn in my side, too - I called and spoke with Esri - they said there aren't any plans to change it in the foreseeable future. If this is ever an option for you down-the-road, you may want to consider Levels of Detail (LODs):

arcgis 10.1 - Setting zoom level - Geographic Information Systems Stack Exchange

Specify LODs (levels of detail) | ArcGIS API for JavaScript

IanWittenmyer
Esri Contributor

You could check the Customize Visible Scales option in web appbuilder.  here is the doc that mentions it Map—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

RayCrew
Occasional Contributor II

That option is only available if your base data is cached. 

0 Kudos
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

If you develop you own app in web app builder developer edition its possible, but with AGOL templates unfortunately no. I am in the same position as OP. My municipality does not fit well with the current zoom scales...

0 Kudos