Having trouble changing maps with Select a Map in Instant apps

Jump to solution
08-12-2022 09:13 AM
RyanBohan
Occasional Contributor III

I am having trouble changing maps with Select a Map in Instant apps.

I used the Select a map to change from a dev map to the final Map already in Production.  The Select a map at first appeared to change the referenced map within Instant apps.  However the updated map does not seem to be available for other instant app components.

I am unable to add map layers under add search source for the Search Bar.  The Map option does not show a list of layers.  And the OK button is disable.

RyanBohan_0-1660319818225.png

Selections of layers to include in the Layer List on the Sidebar tab are ignored.  The Layers tab when instant apps is launched shows all the layers in the map. 

It appears I need to recreate the instant app.  Which won't take too long, it does mean the url link will change. 

Being able to change the map and retain the same URL is nice feature, and helps prevent users from going to an older version of the app.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

I ran some tests using a few sidebar apps I have that are already configured and was able to change the map and have the layers in other places in the config experience update. Can you try to re-select a new map but do so with the dev tools for your browser open and let me know if there are any console errors? 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

I ran some tests using a few sidebar apps I have that are already configured and was able to change the map and have the layers in other places in the config experience update. Can you try to re-select a new map but do so with the dev tools for your browser open and let me know if there are any console errors? 

0 Kudos
RyanBohan
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @KellyHutchins,

Thank you for the quick response.  I tried adding the map again, that seemed to correct the problem.  Never would have thought of just trying to add the map again.  I had cleared my cache and cookies and restarted the browser.  My go to if anything sticks.

I have included the warnings, below my knowledge what they mean.

RyanBohan_0-1660322196051.png

I can now add layers from the Add search Source 

RyanBohan_1-1660322382441.png

Also the Layer Selection is working as desired

RyanBohan_2-1660322662129.png

Thank you so much for you help.  I would not have minded reconfiguring the instant app, its the URL I did not want to have change.  Looks like adding the map again cleared up all the issues.  Thank you!

0 Kudos