Configure app button brings me to the web app itself

Jump to solution
03-15-2021 06:12 AM
Jelle_Stu_PR
Occasional Contributor II

On the item details page of a configurable Minimalist app (new version), I cannot configure the app directly. Whenever I click on 'configure App', I am directed to the web app itself (View Application). When I inspect the hyperlink, I can see it will bring me to the web app itself. The url does add the parameter 'edit=true' and a folderid (see image below).

Strange because I do not have this issue with another web app of the same kind.

Jelle_Stuurman_0-1615814024935.png

By knowing the first part of the URL when configuring an app (https://instance.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/minimalist/index.html?and adding the appid, I have found a workaround to configure the app. But I am not sure what is causing this issue. Anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Check the purpose and API on the Settings tab?

jcarlson_0-1615815649135.png

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Check the purpose and API on the Settings tab?

jcarlson_0-1615815649135.png

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
Jelle_Stu_PR

Good suggestion.

The settings are configured as your screenshot. Or should it be set to Configurable?
The URL is the URL of the web app itself. That should be that way, right?

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yeah, it should be. I know one time an app's settings got changed, and it behaved the way you describe. Not sure what else would do it, except I see in your screenshot a "folderid" URL parameter. What is that? I don't see that on my configurable apps when I go to edit them.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
Jelle_Stu_PR

Changing the Purpose to 'Configurable' (and then back to Ready To Use) indeed fixed the issue. I think some configuration needed a reset. Somehow I messed up these settings.