Adding scene from Portal to a Story Map Series in an ArcGIS Online organization?

06-10-2015 06:20 AM
Lars_ElmkærChwastek
Occasional Contributor

Hi everyone,

I have a scene, which is uploadet to my Portal and then shared publicly. Is it possible to import this scene in a Map Series app, which is created in another ArcGIS Online organization? Is it even possible to add data from a Portal to a separate ArcGIS Online org?

Might be a bit of a stupid question, but it is not something that I've been able to find in the documentation.

Best regards,

Lars

0 Kudos
1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Lars,

Sorry for the delay in responding. There is Story Maps place on GeoNet; please use that for Story Map-related questions next time.

Yes, what you are asking for is possible. As long as your portal is publicly accessible (outside your firewall) and the web scene is shared with Everyone it can be referenced in a public or private story map published by any organization. Please see these two blog posts for instructions:

Using 3D web scenes in Story Maps | ArcGIS Blog

Using 3D web scenes in Story Maps redux | ArcGIS Blog

Owen

P.S. I can't remember what version of Portal started supporting the tip to reference a specific slide mentioned in the second post. If it's not supported at 10.3.1 it should be in 10.4 when that is released.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps