Portfolio: when expanding pop-up on mobile, center feature in visible portion of map, not display

06-24-2022 06:38 AM
Labels (1)
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor

When expanding the pop-up in Portfolio on mobile (by tapping the title), the map pans to center the feature in the middle of the display, which actually can hide the feature behind the pop-up. It would be more functional and intuitive if it panned to center the feature in the visible (top) portion of the display. In the example below, about half of the road is hidden by the pop-up.

EACB5B29-81A7-4182-BA9F-B9E801159842.jpeg

3 Comments
JShi_EsriStaff

Hi, 

I was not reproducible with the issue you described. The popup on my map always displays on the top of the feature on the map (see image below) 

JShi_EsriStaff_0-1656096712336.png

Is ths popup issue happening in all maps in Portfolio? Does it happen in other Instant Apps? It would be great to see your shared apps to get better idea, or see a few more screenshots. 

Thanks,

Julia

wayfaringrob

@JShi_EsriStaff  I'm sorry - I should have specified that I meant on mobile screens. I will clarify my post.

JShi_EsriStaff

@wayfaringrob Now I see what's the issue you indicated earlier.

The behavior of the popup you see on the mobile device is the way how pop-up works across all apps in ArcGIS Online. You can simply tap the header of the popup and the popup will go to a minimized state to avoid the overlap with the feature you select on the map. 

However, it's a good idea to consider opening the pop-up on top of the feature. I will pass it to JavaScript API team. 

Regards, 

Julia