Make configuration compatible with Firefox

12-15-2021 01:35 PM
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor

I'm not quite sure why the configuration page doesn't load in Firefox, but it's frustrating to have to open a different browser each time I make instant apps. I've tested this on multiple computers and multiple apps, and always get a blank page in Firefox.

rburkebsrc_0-1639604083831.png

7 Comments
RyanLibed

Hello, 

Do you know what version of Firefox you are working with? Also, does this happen with all Instant Apps, or a particular one?

Thanks,
Ryan

RyanLibed

Also, would you happen to have a content filtering browser extension enabled by any chance?

wayfaringrob

@RyanLibed  I keep my Firefox up-to-date, and this has been happening since July when I first used Instant Apps. I have an ad blocker, but I also have one on Chrome.

wayfaringrob

@RyanLibed  shutting the ad blocker off fixes the problem, but I'd rather not do that. This is the only website that I experience such a problem with.

wayfaringrob

@RyanLibed  I did figure out how to whitelist just our portal, but I still think it's strange that I had to do that, and there was no documentation/help regarding that problem.

RyanLibed

Hi @wayfaringrob

If you right-click the page and select the 'Inspect' option, do you see any errors in the developer tools within the 'Console' tab? If so, what are they?

Also, I'd be curious to see if temporarily disabling the adblocker in Firefox helps with anything. 

Just ran a quick test in Firefox and the Instant Apps configuration panel is loading successfully on my end. My version of Firefox is at 95.0 (64-bit) on a Mac machine. 

Thanks,
Ryan

RyanLibed

Hi @wayfaringrob,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to load up the Instant Apps configuration panel at the very least. The Instant Apps configuration panel has a 'Web Analytics' option to configure web analytics into an Instant App; and, I have noticed that some content-filtering browser extensions prevent pages from loading if analytics is mentioned anywhere on the page by default.

We'll take a deeper look into the issue and see if we can implement a proper solution to resolve this issue in the future.

Thanks for reporting this!

Best regards,
Ryan Libed