Chart Viewer - enable Legend by default

07-18-2022 02:33 PM
BrittanyBurson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi, the Chart Viewer app is a great start but we need the ability to enable the Legend by default. It is not intuitive to the user to have to click on the Legend icon, for which they are likely unfamiliar with what to even look for, in order to know what categories they are looking at on start up.

No:

BrittanyBurson_1-1658179833170.png

Yes: 

BrittanyBurson_2-1658179924080.png

I do like the ability to click on the Legend items to turn on/off that item in the chart, however, it would be great if it was possible to include a bit of text to guide the user toward this capability.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
2 Comments
RyanLibed

Hi @BrittanyBurson

We appreciate the suggestions! I will these bring these ideas up to the Instant Apps team and will post any updates here. 

I definitely agree that the option to enable the legend by default could be useful. And I do see that some guidance on toggling the chart items from the legend could help.

Best regards,
Ryan

KyleMarenger

I also agreed with this. I am currently running into the same situation. I would like to have the legend details displayed on start up of the chart. Right now, users need to click on activate legend in order to see the statistics or key.

Also, to have an option to open the Instant App Charts with the side bar permanently 'Collapsed'.

Currently, it opens as 'Expanded' thus taking up valuable screen real estate.

KyleMarenger_0-1659374295700.png