Allow Date Filter on Attachment Viewer Instant App

10-19-2021 04:58 AM
Labels (1)
DfIRivers
Occasional Contributor

The configuration on the Attachment Viewer app doesn't currently have any tools to allow for filtering of the image attachments being displayed within the app.  I would find a 'Date Filter' particularly useful, as  a means to limit the number of image presented within the app.

I appreciate that, as a developer, I could apply a date filter within the WebMap that underpins the Attachment Viewer app, but this isn't really a practical workaround for the average user.

4 Comments
NickyClift_SCS

I agree, date and category filters (similar to OpsDashboards) would be a great addition to the Attachment Viewer Instant App

BrookeAumann

Having this issue today. The attachment viewer is perfect for our needs, but it would be nice for our end users if there was a filter widget included for interactivity and the creator could set the field(s) or end user could pick. Right now my options are, copy/ paste the layer and apply filters OR write an expression that still doesn't get at what I want for display/ review.

NLewis
by

Love this App but need a date filter.  Have tried to include datetime as a search within the layer but have not gotten it to work.  Please include this capability, everything else is great!

tformesyn

I agree, As an introduction to my class, I would have my students add a photo of their holiday via Survey123. Via a filter in the Instant App, I can then choose which class I want to see the features and photos of now. Unfortunately not yet possible in this Instant App, but possible in WebAppBuilder of course.