Select to view content in your preferred language

Wrap Text not working when concatenating two strings

Jump to solution
05-22-2024 06:37 AM
BlairMcclenathan
New Contributor III

I currently have a reference table in one of our Insight pages that uses the following formula "IF(ISNOTNULL(project_completion_date),project_name+"°",project_name)" to add a degree symbol so I can conditionally format a column if the project has been completed.

The issue we are having is even with the column being configured to wrap text, once the degree symbol has been concatenated, text will stop wrapping. It works as intended if the if statement resolves to false. This behavior persists even when using the CONCATENATE function rather than the '+' operator. 

BlairMcclenathan_0-1716384875602.png

**The highlighted row should say "Brookwood Way Bridge and Home Demolition°". The whole name appears when hovering over the cell or if you manually adjust either the width or height of the row. Also shown are the un-concatenated names which have proper wrapping**

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AkshayHarshe
Esri Contributor

@BlairMcclenathan This should be fixed in the upcoming release 2024.1.

Thanks,
Akshay Harshe

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AkshayHarshe
Esri Contributor

@BlairMcclenathan Thanks for reporting this. We will take a look. 

Thanks,
Akshay Harshe
0 Kudos
AkshayHarshe
Esri Contributor

@BlairMcclenathan I looked into this and this is not specific to the calculated field the conditional formatting is causing the problem. You do not see the ° sign because the text is not wrapped. I have logged an issue for this.

Thanks,
Akshay Harshe
0 Kudos
AkshayHarshe
Esri Contributor

@BlairMcclenathan This should be fixed in the upcoming release 2024.1.

Thanks,
Akshay Harshe
0 Kudos
BlairMcclenathan
New Contributor III

@AkshayHarshe Great thank you for the updates!

0 Kudos